Made with tomato, fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil, and olive oil, the Margherita DOC follows the strict legal standards the Italian government now demands of all “Pizza DOC.” Also known as “Pizza Napolitana Verace,” it is the definition of genuine Neapolitan pizza. Despite being thousands of miles away from Italy, L’asso proudly follows the “Pizza DOC” in hopes of finally bringing a more traditional and “legal” version of pizza to New York.
The “Pizza DOC” consists of the following:
1. Tomatoes must be San Marzano
2. Mozzarella must be Buffalo-Milk
3. Oil must be Olive Oil.
4. Use of natural salt, not imitation.
5. The oven must be domed, made of bricks and wood-burning at between 790-900 degrees.
(420-480 degrees C)
6. Dough must be kneaded by hand. Use of
blenders or rolling pins are not permitted.